Sunday, September 19, 2010

Busy Weekend

On Friday Penelope and I headed out to Zions camp for the annual mother daughter camp out.  This was our first year and it rained almost the entire time.  We did have fun though.  It was my first trip to Zions camp and Penelope's very first time camping.  I held her most of the time she was awake, but that's OK.  I think the best part of camping is always the food.  For dinner I made a delicious tin foil dinner, we had lots of s'mores and for breakfast I had hot chocolate and oatmeal.  I think next year will be more fun because Penelope will be able to walk around on her own, and hopefully it wont rain.

After a long nap on Saturday Bob and I got ready for our date.  I got the idea for it a few weeks ago when I saw the paint at walmart and have been excited for it since.  Although I have to say that when the time came I was so tired and I didn't quite get into it as much as I usually would have.  What we did was went to the store and bought spray paint bottles that are made for clothes, white t-shirts, and root beer.  We brought it back home opened up the garage and started painting.  
After we finished we brought the kids back home, quickly put them in bed, made root beer floats and watched a movie.  We watched Leap Year Bob thought it was very dumb and I just thought it was ok, but it was nice to spend some time together.  Now we need to figure out when we can wear our shirts together without looking really silly.

1 comment:

KariMarie said...

Wear your shirts on a run to our house so I can check them out. :)