Sunday, November 28, 2010

Count your many blessings

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.  We headed over to my parents house Wed night and stayed until last night.  Thanksgiving is such a great holiday and for me it is a perfect transition into Christmas.  We got to spend lots of time with family, eat yummy food, play games, and of course go shopping.

 We had four pies among other desserts.   Can you guess which was my favorite?
This year we decided to get started on our gingerbread houses early so we can enjoy them throughout the season.  Ours fell apart on the way home, but it was fun while it lasted.  Bob even tried to make Santa and reindeer out of marshmallow gingerbread men.

We barely slept at all Thursday night because Walmart opened at midnight.  We love the rush of black Friday and even though we only got a few small things it was fun.  We stayed with my sister at Walmart until just after 2 am then we went to Denny's back home for a nap and out to the mall at 8.  One of the nice things about sleeping at my parents house is that there is usually someone at the house who can watch the kids.
Tucker had a blast at my moms.  Here he is with his cousin James.  they played together most of the time.  tucker even got his face all scratched up but he didn't seem to mind.  I think we only saw him at meal time and when we made him go to bed.

This weeks to do list (among other things):
    set up Christmas lights
    get passports for me and the kids
    two doctor's appointments
    plan next week's sharing time
    watch the kids just dance videos

No comments: