Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Mom of a 3-year-old

Things I've learned from being a mom of a 3-year-old:
  1. It is not only acceptable but a good idea to wake the whole house up at 4:30 am because you lost your cape.
  2. Pee-two-dur really means computer and openneal really means oatmeal.
  3. Our taste buds change daily so something can taste delicious one day and then the next day taste so bad you would rather sit in time out for a long time, scream and cry like it is the end of the world, or throw up just to get out of trying a bite.
  4. Anything can be a gun.  Even plastic cups from the play kitchen.

 Notice the backward pants?  He usually dresses himself.

This weeks seems to be dragging on.  I think it has to do with Bob's schedule change.  which really isn't bad, the change is going to take getting used to.  I also haven't been blogging because not much has been going on.  We did get about 6 inches of snow last night which was amazing but by the time we woke up this morning it was raining and so slushy that I didn't even want to go out and play in it.  The ten day forecast only predicts rain and weather in the upper 40's so I think we are done with snow for the year.  A few more days of snow to play in would have been nice, but oh well, maybe next year.  I bought some more bow making materials and wanted to try out a few new techniques.
 I really like this blue one and think i will make another similar one in a different color.
The top on on here is my very favorite.  I know it is probably too crazy for most.  But I made it to match a pair of Penelope's leggings and love how it turned out.  The rose is also a new style for me.  And since Penelope's middle name is Rose I think it is a good one for her.

It is about 5 so I'd better go wake the kids up.

No comments: