Thursday, January 27, 2011

She Stands!

Penelope surprised me again yesterday when she just started standing up!  I know she is 16 months old and it is about time but it was a huge surprise because I have never seen her balance without holding on before.  I think usually kids pull themselves up onto something and then let go and balance.  But it is like she had the skills to stand for a while but she just never thought of trying it before.  and then all of the sudden yesterday she decided to stand up!  Good job Penelope.  Next "step" will be walking ;-).

This next one is cute because she starts to dance.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Yay! What a big girl! And I'm pretty sure I heard somewhere it was normal for it to take up to 18 months for kids to start walking. She's fine! She has plenty of time!