Sunday, May 22, 2011

Last Day of Rest

Today is my last day of resting before bob has to go back to work and I will need to take care of the kids all day.  Tomorrow will be like my first official day of being a stay at home mom of three kids three and under.  These past two weeks bob and I have been splitting the at home work 50/50 or maybe 40/60 (me 40 bob 60).  Because today was my last day I decided to take full advantage of it.  I almost feel bad because I have been sleeping in until 9 or 10 everyday and today i only went to Sacrament meeting.  I feel like I physically would have been able to stay for the whole three hours but I really wanted to savor my last day and get one more break in.  I told Scarlett she better savor it too because I can't think of another time when she and I are going to be at home by ourselves.  This is how Scarlett spent our free time and how she spent sacrament meeting.

I spent my time pretty much the same but laying on the couch.  And I also made microwave s'mores and watch shows on Hulu.  Probably not the most responsible or Sunday appropriate thing to do especially since I tell Tucker that we don't watch tv on Sunday.  But it is my last rest day so I am giving myself a break.

Bob and the kids are home now and Bob said that when he picked Penelope up from nursery she was sitting by herself. This is a first for her because previously she has insisted on being held the entire time. Tucker was also excited about what he did in Primary today. He said they dug up the plates and there was a map and an X and, in his class they didn't do play dough only "girl stuff." I tried to figure out what "girl stuff" meant but he wouldn't say.  I am thankful for all the people in Primary especially the ones who teach my children. Next week I am planning on staying the entire time.

Tomorrow I will need to get up with Tucker at 0735 hopefully tonight we will all get some sleep.

1 comment:

Michael and Denise said...

Glad you enjoyed your last day of rest. Give me a call if things get too hectic this morning. Good luck!