Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Park Melt Down

Yesterday Tucker had the biggest melt down to date.  And it was horrible.  We were at blueberry park and I told him he only had five minutes to play.  Well he wasn't being nice and he was pushing Penelope hard on the swing.  I told him to stop but he kept doing it anyway.  It was that time that told him because he wasn't behaving appropriately we were leaving right then.  Well if I thought he wasn't making good decisions before that I was wrong.   he started screaming and crying and running away.  Everyone at the whole park was staring at us and it took probably 10 minutes for me to get him in the car.  People probably thought I was kidnapping him the way he was screaming and fighting me.  He refused to walk or even stand so I had to try to carry him while he was trying with all his might to get down and I had to carry Scarlett in her car seat at the same time.  It was not like when he was a toddler he is big and strong and he can fight pretty hard.  Just buckling him in the car was next to impossible.  Now that I look back at it I should have put Scarlett and Penelope in the car and just came back for Tucker instead of trying to do all three.  Even on the drive home he wouldn't stop screaming and thrashing around in the car.  Needless to say he had a time out in the car while the rest of us went in the house and after that it was straight to his nap without a story.  Ugg I was so frustrated!  I seriously was thinking that I would not be able to go to the park ever again.  After his nap he was much more calm and were were able to have a 'long' (two minute) talk about how what he did was wrong and how sorry he was and how he would never do that again.

No comments: