Saturday, July 23, 2011

Visiting with the Abels

This weekend we made the drive over to Spokane for my sister's 40th birthday!  We went to my moms Thursday night and Bob thought it was the perfect opportunity to ride his bike. That is right Bob tried to ride his bike the 50 miles from Bremerton to Puyallup.  He left right after work and blew two tires before he was an hour out.  i met him and brought him the stuff to fix it and then continued my drive to Puyallup.  Just after 9 that night I got a call to come pick him up.  He made it all the way to the down town Mc Donalds in Puyallup but couldn't finish to my moms house.  He also made a few wrong turns and ended up going 52 miles.  he was exhausted.
 
Friday Morning we finished the drive to Tianna's house and she has been busy cooking and getting ready for the big party tonight. It is going to be fun. Bob and I planned some entertainment for the group.
 Here's the Birthday girl getting things ready.
 Scarlett has been napping in her car seat.
 Bob has been trying to nap too.
Of course we have to sneak in a few games here and there.  In case you didn't know my family is big into games.  Probably the most popular one is 13 skado.  It is like phase 10 but way better.

2 comments:

Michael and Denise said...

Michael told me about Bob's idea to bike to Puyallup and said that he was thinking about biking to his parents' house in Tacoma sometime. We'll see if he still wants to try it.

The Abel family said...

Thanks so much for coming and for all your help! Did you video your poetry reading? I would love to see it again.