Saturday, August 6, 2011

How to photograph a 3 month old in your Home

Scarlett is 3 months old today so I thought I would do a little photo shoot and since I am just an amature doing it in my house I figure that if I explain what I do than everyone can take their own gorgous pictures of their baby.
The first step is to get a cute baby and to pick out what you want her to wear.  Make sure she is fed and happy.
Then I make sure to do it at a time when there is plenty of window light because ceiling lights do not look nearly as good.
Then I get some kind of material for a background.  In these pictures I used a white table cloth and set it up so half of it was on the ground and the other half was propped up with a chair.
Next I get my Canon T1I all ready with a wide apature so once I set the baby down I can start shooting.
Lay your 3-month-old on her tummy, hope she happily lifts her head up to look around and start taking at least 30 pictures from different angles to make sure you get a good one.
Lastly put the pictures on the computer, delete the bad ones and use the free photo editing program picasa for the rest.

Scarlett has been sleeping through the night for about two weeks now and it has been great!  It makes such a huge difference for me when I don't need to get up in the middle of the night to feed her.  I am much less tired than I used to be and I am so happy that the middle of the night feeding stage is done.  I think this is the soonest any of my children slept through the night but I am not exactly sure how old Penelope was when she first did it.

No comments: