Tuesday, October 18, 2011

How to Make Toddler Leg Warmers

For this Tuesday Tutorial I am going to make toddler or baby leg warmers out of women's knee high or tall socks.  It is the perfect time of year to get out the thick tights and leg warmers.  Sometimes tights can be a hassle because the have to come off when the diaper does but not leg warmers.  I put these on my sixth month old baby and my two-year-old and they fit fine.  I even think they would work for baby boys if you have boy colored socks.  Usually  you can buy socks cheaper than leg warmers but I am having a hard time finding ones I like so for this I just used my own socks that I never wear.  This can also be perfect for if you have holes in your socks.

Materials needed:
Womens or Large girl knee high socks.
Sewing machine or the ability to sew by hand.

 1) Cut the foot off of the socks.
 2) Turn the sock inside out fold the end under about half and inch to an inch and sew.  I used my mom's machine and had a hard time not sewing the top of the sock to the other side but it wasn't too much of a problem.
3) Flip them back and you are done!  These are really easy to make!
I put the girl size on my baby and 2-year-old and they fit both girls fine.  The women's ones fit better on my 2-year-old.  I am really happy with how fun and easy these leg warmers are.  If I see more cute socks for cheap I am definitely snatching them up to make more leg warmers.

1 comment:

Lauralee said...

So adorable and easy..
Thank you! I shared your post on
Crafty Crafts