Saturday, November 19, 2011

Turkey Bowl

Our ward activity last night was a Turkey Bowl!  There were several bowling activities and turkey crafts for the kids to do.  They made a competition out of wii bowling.  Everyone bowled three frames and the two people who got the highest had to compete each other on the big projector in front of everyone.  I didn't realize this when I did my turn or else I might not have done so well.  I got second and had to play against the bishop in front of everyone.  I was so nervous.  I only got one strike the entire game.  I think I got at least 6 or 7 nines and then turned them into the spare every time but once.  I definitely do better at home.  People were cheering and clapping between each bowl it was a lot of pressure.  The bishop won. Luckily I wasn't too far behind I think I got 158 and the bishop got 185 (ok, maybe I was a lot behind).  At home I normally get around 200.  I say that loosely because at home we haven't played for about a year.  Although the bishop probably does better at home too.  I kind of wish Bob did better than me on the initial 3 frame bowl.  He is way better than me and I think he would like playing in front of the entire ward. Despite my nervousness and embarrassment it was fun.
 Here you can see the projector behind me.
Tucker made a cute Turkey craft.  We were supposed to bring a pie but since I think pies are way a lot of work especially to have so much crust I just made brownies and baked them in a pie pan. Thanks to the people to put on the ward activity!  I know these things can be a lot of work.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Haha, I love Tucker's hair in that picture! Reminds me of Brian's. Gotta love boys and their crazy hair!