Monday, December 12, 2011

Old Town San Diego

Because we took such an early flight we had most of Wednesday to hang out so after lunch at Joes Crab Shack we headed over to Old Town San Diego to do some sight seeing.
Old Town is where they first settled in San Diego.  It pretty much felt like we were in Mexico.  Not that I know anything about what Mexico is like.  It was neat and I would have  never known about it if Bob's co-worker wouldn't have shown it to us.
 This is their first jail.
I like how you can see they tried to make it more festive by adding a Christmas tree in the background.  It still didn't feel at all like Christmas to me.
 I took a couple pictures of the restaurant area.
Everyone in the shops were dressed up in old pioneer clothing.  This is probably the first time I have heard people who aren't mormon talk and dress like pioneers.
There were tons of little shops and things to see.  Bob and I got a few gifts and a picture frame.  Whenever we go on a trip instead of a spoon or magnet we try to pick up a picture frame and then we put a picture of us on the trip in it.  One day we will have wall full of little pictures.  We had a good time.  And it was funny how warm it was during the day and how quickly it got cold once the sun went down.  We were freezing by the time we got back to the car.

No comments: