Friday, August 17, 2012

It is soooo hot!

I know the rest of the country already went through a heat wave, but it is just now getting to us.  It was in the 90s yesterday and is going to be today too.  I have a hard time dealing with the heat.  Since it rarely gets that hot around here not very many houses have AC.  Including us so we just tough it out.  We actually do have a window unit that we set up in our room.  I love it and it is the only thing that makes it possible for me to sleep at night.  It does have its downfalls though.  Mainly it is loud.  We can barely watch tv with it running so you just have to sit in the room and bask in the cool air.  I do get worried because it is so loud there is no way I can hear the the kids if they wake up screaming.  The other thing is that with it in we cannot open the window.  So When it does cool off at night we can't open the window and let the room cool off. 

Anyway, so if you call me and I don't answer, or if you knock on my door and there is no response it is probably because I am laying on my bed with the AC on and I can't hear anything.

I feel like such a complainer when it comes to weather.  It is usually because of the rain or cold cloudiness but on the few days that it is hot and sunny I complain even more.  Maybe I should just move.  I love the 70s.  Not cold but not hot.  I think where we were at in San Diego stays 70s year round.  Although I do love the seasons.  I need to find a place that is cheap to live, stays in the 70s during the summer, and has all 4 seasons (with snow).  Any ideas?

No comments: