Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Felt Bow Tutorial


These felt bows are adorable and very easy to make.  Perfect for pinning aside little girls hair.  Or even at the top of a ponytail or pigtails.  With Christmas coming up this might be the perfect gift or stocking stuffer.

Materials needed:
Felt
Hot glue
Hair Clip (I got these from Sally's)

 1) Cut the felt pieces.  My top piece is about 8" long and 1 1/2" thick, but that can change depending on how large you want your bow to be.  The second piece should be about an inch larger than half your first piece.
 2) Fold the bow piece, then bunch it in the middle and glue it or sew it.  I stabbed the needle through then wrapped it around a few times.
 3) Glue the bow piece to the back piece.  I used my new pink cordless glue gun.
 4) Glue the last piece around the middle and trim the end.  Make sure it starts and finishes on the backside.
 5) Glue your clip on.  Sometimes I first put a piece of ribbon over the clip but I didn't here and it is not necessary.

That's it!

Next week I will be giving away both of these bows and a pink cordless hot glue gun so check back on Monday to enter.

1 comment:

Krystal said...

I was just looking at etsy for some bow ties. Thank you for the inspiration :)

-Krystal