Monday, March 18, 2013

German Pancakes


Because we kept getting sick Bob took most of last week off.  For a few days he got to be a "stay at home Dad" While I was in bed.  At first it kind of backfired on me because it seemed like he had no problem keeping the house clean and playing with the kids.  He even managed to do fun things like take them for bike rides.  I'm glad they were having a good time, but it can be good for him to realize how hard things can get at home.  By the end of the second day I could tell he was definitely feeling the stress.  Sometimes it helps when others realized how hard being a mom can be.  I am really thankful that Bob is such a great dad and has plenty of sick days to take off when we need him home.

Anyway, one morning bob made these german pancakes with blueberry topping.  They looked really good.  Too bad the smell alone was almost too much for me to handle.  I did enjoy watching Scarlett eat them.  She loved them and was really excited with each bite.  She kept showing me each berry before shoving it into her mouth.



2 comments:

Stylishly in love said...

hope your feeling better. These pictures are priceless!

Hope you had a great weekend.
XO
Sofia

stylishlyinlove.blogspot.com


Anonymous said...

Too cute! Where'd you get her bib from?

I definitely need one of these for my daughter, who is sooooooo messy when she eats and getting her clothes dirty.

http://thepinteresthousewife.blogspot.com/