Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Dumpster Diving


We had beautiful weather last weekend and what better way to spend it than dumpster diving?  Just kidding.  A friend who lives in a developing neighborhood let us know that the builders were throwing away tons of good wood.  Of course we couldn't just let that go so we went over and got a bunch of wood for a project. Mostly we got a bunch of 2 x4s.  They also had tons of wood trim in the dumpster. I just need to think of a project to do with it and we can go get more.
We only took what we could fit in the car.  I was surprised that Bob didn't want to get more, I think he underestimates the amount of wood we buy for projects around the house.
Bob and his dad spent all Friday building.  The small project turned into a much bigger project but they were able to finish it in one day and I am really happy with it.  At one point bob was getting a little frustrated with me because he was out working all day and I came out near the end and changed a bunch of things around creating more work for him.  Now that he is done he is glad he did it my way, but at the time he didn't really have the same vision I did.  
Can you tell what the built?
I'll post pictures of the final project soon.

3 comments:

Gayle Daly said...

chicken coop? :)

Stylishly in love said...

You are always up to something. You are amazing!

If you get a sec, check out my latest post 'Barbie Girl'.

Sofia

stylishlyinlove.blogspot.com

KariMarie said...

I have no idea. I need to stop by for a surprise visit. Lol!