Friday, May 24, 2013

Bob's New Bike!!!

So, this is bob hijacking the wife's blog. ;-)

As some of you know, I do not drive a car to work. I ride my bike. I bought a bike just over 2 years ago and put over 7,000 miles on it since then. It is almost 7 miles to the gym at work, and then 6.5 miles home after work. I love riding my bike to work. It is a really nice break between home and work. during the 20-25 minute bike ride I can purge my mind of almost all the worries of work, so when I get home I can focus on the family, and not stress about work.
Like I said, I have been riding my bike to work for 2 years, since we went to Japan. That seems like so long ago. So, like any other avid cyclist, I have spent more than my far share online looking at cool bikes, wishing I had the cool new stuff. Now that I know I plan on riding my bike to work as long as our home is within a 10 mile radius, I decided it was about time to upgrade. And man did I upgrade.
I was a little scared at first to spend all my "Savings" and "Christmas Money" (thanks mom dad and grandma). But I believe it was worth it.

So here it is, my new bike!!!

Now why is it so cool? And why did it cost more money than bob feels comfortable posting on the blog? And is it worth more than our 95 honda accord?
Well, let me spell it out. ULTEGRA Di2!!!

A couple years ago Shimano came out with electronic shifting. It is like clicking a mouse button and your bike shifts perfect every time forever. I have spent a long time adjusting cables and such on my bike in the past. But with the Ultegra Di2 components it is super low maintenance.

Yes, that is a battery under the bottle cage, and it only needs charged every 2-3 thousand miles!
Oh, and did I mention it has disc brakes. Which are needed for all the rain we get out here.





I don't think I have ever been so excited to go to work!!!

Bob
ps. Maria, I installed the cyclometer after I took the pics. thanks again for the christmas gift. I love it!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Amazing bike! I'm jealous you have a worthwhile ride to and from work/gym...in my town everything is within a 2 mile distance, so I don't see the point half the time, or I have to commute and drop off kids in between. I recently bought a Trek that i'm still in the process of customizing it to my liking