Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Date Night

This was a while ago now but because it so rarely happens I am still blogging about it.  Bob and I went out on an actual date.  We got a babysitter and everything.  Ideally we would go on a date at least once a week, but it never seems to happen for us.  Forgetfulness, busyness, and thriftiness (are those words?) usually stop us.  This time we opted for the traditional dinner and a movie.  Except we were in a hurry and dinner was subway sandwiches that we hid in my bag and ate during the movie.

We went and saw X-Men: Days of Future Past.  There were a few movies we both wanted to see but we chose this one because it was playing at the theater we had movie passes to.  I actually really liked it.  Not like it is my favorite movie or anything, but I liked it more than I thought I would.  I especially liked how half of the movie took place during the 70s and everyone was dressed accordingly.  What I didn't like was the blue girls lack of clothes, but I figured it would be like that so I wasn't surprised.
Bob and I took a few pictures while waiting for the sitter to show up.  
Tucker took this next one.
After the movie we went to cold stone and got some yummy ice cream.  We were surprised when we got home that they kids were still up.  I guess they gave the sitter a run for the money and make things kind of hard on him. 

It was so nice to get out.  Now I'm ready for another date night.

No comments: