Friday, October 17, 2014

Pumpkin Patch

While in Puyallup we made a stop at the Scholz Farms.  I heard this pumpkin patch had the most free things so I thought I'd give it a try.  And everyone was right, the kids loved this place.  It was just past the more expensive more crowded Spooner farms and the kids loved it.  I think Spooner farms is fun, but if you are looking for something different I would definitely recommend Scholz.  They played for over an hour and we didn't spend a dime.
Plus it seemed like the place was loaded with picture spots.

We even got to see Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.
And a gingerbread man.
They had a small but free corn maze.  Now that our family is getting older the kids aren't always free and so I'm all for a smaller but free corn maze.  It wasn't difficult at all but the kids liked it.  (Spooner farm corn maze would have cost us $34).  And probably every couple years I would be up for paying the extra for the harder bigger maze.  But its just not something we need to do every year.
They had little outdoor cars and cozy coops for the kids to ride around.  They had hoola hoops and even a bowling set for the kids to play with.
The tractor seemed to be the kids favorite though.  Penelope was a little scared that it would start rolling and there was a bit of fighting about who got to drive, but not too much.
Leon was happy running down and in between the rows of pumpkins.
We got lucky and the weather turned out great.  It had rained...no poured right before we left.  I was worried we were going to get soaked.  But the opposite was true.  It even got so warm we all took our coats off.
They had different animals including wilber the pig.  But it was the chickens the kids loved.  We fed them right out of our hands.  That was an experience because some of them were nice and just got the food.  Others bit hard and totally bit my palm.  I think we were just supposed to throw the food in but that was way less exciting.  Bob wants to get chickens.  Maybe in our next house we can get a few.
I love holidays and making memories with our kids. I think Fun family activities and traditions that we repeat year after year are the things my kids will remember when they grow up.  These are the things that will bind us together as a family.  Just like the family proclamation says "Successful marriages and families are established and maintained on principles of faith, prayer, repentance, forgiveness, respect, love, compassion, work, and wholesome recreational activities."

1 comment:

Gayle Daly said...

I marvel that you find so many great activities to take your family to. How do you do it? You need to write book about Pacific NW activities for Families with young children.