Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Portland

I've driven through Portland several times but haven't really checked it out.  So this weekend we got to see the sites a bit more.  Here are just some of our stops.
We went to two different malls and had to do some tax free shopping.  It was so cool to be able to just pay the price that was marked without ending up with random change all the time.  I got pants, shoes, a shirt, and a sweater, kind of a binge for me but I'm hoping I love them and they weren't just impulse buys.
What kind of tourist would I be if I went to portland and didn't stop at VooDoo donuts.
We also ate at Burgerville.  I thought it was good and not to expensive either.  Although next time I wouldn't go for the strawberry shake.  It was creamy and thick but I just didn't love the syrup flavor.
One of my favorite places to eat was at a food cart.  We stopped at PBJs Grilled and I got the Betty.  It was soo good.  I think I could go to Portland for another week and just eat at their food carts.  We ate at food carts and trucks in NY but these just felt so authentic and real while those seemed more commercialized.
Ok, so I don't think my friends wanted me to put this up but it is the only picture I had of us hanging out at the hotel.  One of the best parts about the trip was hanging out with girls and talking!


1 comment:

Mary-Anne said...

Sounds fun! We love VooDoo Doughnuts. :)