Thursday, January 22, 2015

Ice Skating

On Monday I took Tucker and Penelope ice skating.  Tucker had no school because of Martin Luther King day so we wanted to do something fun.  Bob was nice enough to stay home with the two younger kids.  The reason we went on Monday is because they had free lessons.  They were very informal but they had people around teaching everyone basics and even some tricks.  It was really helpful because I've only been a few times before.
They were offering a dollar off for everyone who wore their helmets.  At first I was hesitant but I went ahead and wore mine to be a good example.  We were some of the only people with helmets on and I was probably the only adult, but I'm still glad we did it.  About half way in a adult fell and got seriously injured.  I'm talking, he was on the ice and couldn't move.  Someone shouted for help and within a few minutes the ambulance came.  They said he was moving around and will be ok, but after they took him out there with a big blood pool on the ice.  I tried to divert the kids attention but they saw it.  It was a little scary.  I'm glad that it wasn't worse, and that we wore helmets even though we didn't hit our heads.  You just never know what will happen.  
Penelope was so cute on the ice.  She was scared and had to try very hard not to fall down, but she did it.  She went slow and I encouraged her not to hold hands or onto anything as much as possible.  Tucker was different.  He went much faster but also fell a lot more.  Here is a short video I got of Tucker.

No comments: