Friday, July 10, 2015

WHO Convention


A couple weeks ago I attended the Washington Homeschool Organization convention in Puyallup.  I've decided to homeschool Tucker next year.  We have had a pretty decent experience with schooling so far but I just think homeschooling might be a better fit for us so we are going to give it a try.  It is a little weird because right now we still feel like Penelope needs to be in school so she will go to kindergarten and if homeschool goes well we will probably pull her out for first grade.  Kindergarten is probably the most fun year and she has been looking forward to it, not to mention that it might be good for her to be around lots of other kids. 
 The convention was great!  They had lots of different classes and I learned a ton.  The whole thing is pretty overwhelming and it doesn't help that there are so many different ways to go about it.  I am still figuring things out and we will have to just see what works for us.
 I took a picture of the siedwalk.
Right now I am pretty excited to get started and I think Tucker is really going to love it.  I know it will be more work for me but I'm willing to give it a try.  Feel free to comment any tips or advice on homeschooling!  Go here for more information on how homeschool kids end up compared to public school kids.

1 comment:

Gayle Daly said...

I always feel concern when mother's make the decision to home school. Of course, you don't have to answer to me. You may have already asked all the questions. Why? What is really the motivation to home school? Is it for Tucker or for yourself? What will you or your family be giving up in order for you to make this commitment? Homeschooling does not help with the child's social and interactive skills outside of the home. How will this influence your relationship with Tucker? If Tucker is beginning to give you a little attitude and back talk, will this improve or excerbate that behavior? You do have your hands full with four young children and you are already doing such a wonderful "job" with raising them and exposing them to so many good things. Keep everything in balance. Good Luck Doranda. I'm sure you can do this, just be sure it's what YOU really want to do. Love, Gayle