Thursday, August 6, 2015

Tacoma Narrows Walk

Bob and I have walked over the Tacoma Narrows bridge before but the kids have only driven over it and we thought it would be fun to walk it with them.  We met my family at a park on the Tacoma side and walked across.  The bridge is about a mile so the whole walk ended up being about 3 miles.  A perfect walk for kids.
Penelope was a little scared to walk over the bridge before we got started.  Bob told her not to worry because it only fell down once before.  Go here for the video of that.  I told the kids about the largest octopus in the world giant pacific octopus that lives under the bridge.   I found this drawing on the internet.
We took lots of stops to look over the edge but we never saw it.  I don't think anyone ever does.
We left at the perfect time because I was cold and windy crossing the bridge the first time but hot on the way back.  Tucker brought his new walkie talkies that he got at a garage sale.
Scarlett and Leon took turns riding in the stroller.

We saw this santa rock on the bridge.  I have no idea what it was about but I thought it was funny.  Penelope wanted to throw it in the water but we left it alone for the next person to enjoy.

For those who don't live in the area we actually have two side by side bridges.  The green bridge on the right is the older one and used to be the only one.  About 10ish years ago they build the second bridge.  Now cars only go one way on each bridge but it costs a pretty penny to cross the new bridge.  They just upped the price to $5 with a pass and $6 without.  We've spend hundreds crossing this bridge.

I live in such a beautiful area!  I don't think we will live here forever so I'm trying to soak it in as much as I can now.

No comments: