Monday, November 16, 2015

The Redwood Forest

On our drive down to California we stopped at the Redwood forest.  I've been before as a kid but don't remember much and wanted to take the family.
It was amazing!!!! Totally worth the two extra hours driving.
After hours of driving a walk though the coolest forest ever was just perfect.  The whole time we were there I felt like I was in some sort of movie.  It just felt too grand for real life.


There were so many places for the kids to climb around they really loved it.
I knew the trees were big, but it was hard to imagine without seeing them in person.
Somewhere along that area was one of the biggest recorded trees.  They didn't have it marked but everyone was standing around this tree taking pictures and we assumed it was this one.  It was probably the biggest we saw.  I say everyone but we probably saw ten other people the entire time.  It was kind of a wet day but luckily we didn't get rained on.
There were many dead trees laying around through the forest, we had fun walking on them.  And the wood on the inside really is red.  I probably should have known that because they are called redwoods, but I hadn't thought about it much before.




After walking through here we got back in the car and drove along the California coast for a long time.  The whole place was magical and I would definitely recommend going there.  Next I'll post pictures of when we drove through a tree.

3 comments:

Shelly @ The Queen in Between said...

Wow, just wow! These pictures are breathtaking.

Mary-Anne said...

That looks amazing!

Unknown said...

This looks incredible! I need to go take a trip there.

Xo Chelsea http://www.shesaidhesaidfashion.com