Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Salvation Mountain

We took a little road trip and drove to Salvation Mountain.  It was about 2 hrs and 40 minutes away from us.  So a bit of a drive, but it was fun.  I kind of like road trips.  Plus it gave the kids a chance to try out the new car dvd player they got for Christmas.
It is basically this three story tall mountain this guy built out of hay bails and some sort of adobe clay.  Then he painted it.  He really wanted to spread the message of God.
I thought it was a neat place to visit and take pictures, and that was about it.  I know he was trying to put out a good message but that is not the vibe I felt when there.  Lots of hippies and homeless people hanging around.  Plus the tons of tourists.  We must have gone on a busy day.

















It must have been tons of work to build.  I'm glad we went and checked it out.

1 comment:

Gayle Daly said...

Definitely not your run of the mill tourist attraction. Interesting indeed.