Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Torrey Pines Hike

The environment is so different here than we are used to in Washington so I like to get the kids out in nature as much as possible while we still can.  It is still crazy to me that we went on a hike in January without coats on!
This time we went to torrey pines.  I don't know much about it except that there is lots of hiking to do and it is pretty crowded.  We paid $10 to get into the park and it was pretty full for a weekday.

Below you can see Tucker taking a picture.  They love having their own cameras!
I had to jog back to the car when we were about a quarter mile in because Leon drank the whole water bottle on the drive over and started leaking through his diaper.  We took his diaper off and I ran it back to the car and got a new one.  Hopefully soon we won't have any diapers to change.
Toward the end of the hike we headed down to the water.  The kids were getting grumpy by then.  Scarlett got a few splinters on the rail and Tucker was upset about something but I can't remember what it was.  Leon was just tired.  It was taking forever because he insisted on going down every step by himself.  He doesn't just walk down them either.  He slowly lines his feet up together on the edge of the step and jumps down, then repeats for each and every step.  I try to make him hold hands but he will fight with all his might to go back up and do it again by himself.

The kids were happy to be back to the car.  I thought it was fun.  Bob left straight from the hike to work.

1 comment:

Talitha said...

Happy they still like the camera's Good thing I didn't take them to the good will!