Thursday, January 21, 2016

Sunny Jim's Cave

We took the kids to this little place called Sunny Jim's cave.  The interesting thing about it is that the entrance is inside a store.  You walk in and pay and then go down their 145 steps into the cave.  The store part is a little gift shop.
The cave was small and opened up to the ocean.   I don't know if it was worth $5.  Probably one time to see it, but not something I feel like I want to do again.

I get a little claustrophobic sometimes and walking down in the small cave tunnel with no end or start in sight kind of freaked me out.  There were people close behind me so I didn't feel like I had the option to go back.  Plus Bob was going way up ahead with some of the kids and I was getting a little stressed about it.  Nothing major, I just pressed on and felt fine when we got to the end and saw the opening.  I'd feel more comfortable up on a hight rock or sitting on a ledge then in a tunnel.
There was a platform at the end, but tide was high and we kept getting a little splashed.
The kids did not enjoy it and just wanted to go back.  Some of them didn't even want to go down the stairs, which was surprising because they were all really excited to go to a cave.




We have definitely seen and done a lot here in San Diego and this was ok.  I wouldn't really consider it a must do, but it wasn't bad either.

1 comment: