Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Pocatello Visit


Before heading home we stopped in Pocatello to visit my brother and his family.  The just moved into a new house on top of a hill and right behind their neighborhood are a few trails.  I think we went about a mile on them.  I wish I took more pictures but this is all I really took.

It was nice to just hang out with them and let the cousins play.  They have five kids, all right in the same age groups of my kids so it worked out perfectly.

After family home evening Monday night they even had a piñata.

The kids were really great about sharing their rooms.  I thought they might stay up all night playing but they actually didn't.  I snapped a picture of them one night before they went to sleep.

 
The girls took turns sleeping in the same room as Agnes and Julia.
We also went to the park with the kids and after they went to sleep at night the we stayed up and played games.  It was a fun visit and I was glad we got to go!

The next morning we got up super early to drive home.  I wanted to beat Seattle traffic so I think we ended up waking up at 4am.  About 12 hours later we got slowed down a little bit from traffic in Seattle but it wasn't too bad.  I thing we were able to sneak through just during the start of it.
The kids did great in the car!  We watched movies and listened to audio books.  Our main audio book for this trip was Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson.  I could not keep awake on the drive home and slept through what felt like most of it.


No comments: