Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Zions Camp Day 1

It seemed like we kind of dropped the ball on camping last year so this year we made sure to go at least two times.    Last weekend we went to Zions camp.  It is a church owned camp about 45 minutes away from our house.  I love the church owned campes!  They always have plenty to do.  Everyone must sign in and is a member of the church so I feel a little safer.  And they are pretty inexpensive.

Zion's camp has a lot of these rope swings and our kids were loving them.

I didn't get a picture of it along with paddle boarding we went out on a paddleboat and a row boat.  Tucker earned a swimming cub scout badge and for that he had to learn lots of water safety things and about how to row a boat.
Leon and the girls didn't try the paddle boards but that didn't stop them from playing in the water.

Bob and Tucker really liked the paddle boards.  It was all of our first time trying them and they were pretty fun.  I'm surprised how well Tucker did.  He made me a little nervous but aside from the first few minutes he didn't really fall.

You know what I forgot.  Everyone did ride on the paddle boards. I gave the kids rides on the front kind of like the next picture but they were sitting.

Tucker's the only one in our family who did the water slide.  I wanted to but it was too cold for me to get into the water.

They even have rope swings into the water.


After a fun day at the lake we ate dinner and then headed over to the huge and amazing tree house.  I really want one of these.  Hopefully one day before our kids are grown Bob and I will have a house where we can build one for them.


One of the great things about this camping trip was we pretty much had the whole place to ourselves.  Zion's camp is super busy during the week because of all the Young Women girls camps.  But on the weekends it is empty!  It think there was only one other family in the entire place on Saturday and they didn't even stay the night.
I always feel like camping is a lot of work to sleep outside, but it is fun and the kids love it so much!  Totally worth it.