Monday, December 4, 2017

Harlem Globetrotters

The Harlem Globetrotters came to Yokosuka!  I had seen posters around base advertising their game but I really didn't have time to look at my calendar and plan out if we were going to go.  Then one day after swimming lessons we saw people starting to line up outside of the gym door and after realizing why we decided to line up to.  I wasn't sure if we should or not but they kids really wanted to.  We waited in line for about an hour and a half before they let us into the gym.  Our spot on line was on the stairwell so it was a rough hour and a half.  I wasn't feeling well either and we totally had to miss dinner.   It worked out though because we were like the 20th in line and the kids got to sit right in the very front.  I'm sure lots of people who came earlier couldn't see at all.
It definitly felt more like a show than a basketball game, which was fine with me.  It was so fun!  The kids absolutely loved it.  I think everyone's favorite part was either this guy (see pic below), or when they did an entire play in reverse and then in slow motion.  I did not take this picture and you can tell it is in a different gym.
I really didn't take any pictures until the end.  Like I said, I wasn't feeling well and we skipped dinner so I was just holding on.  The kids thought the waiting was hard but worth it.  Here they are doing some sort of dance break.
At the end they were signing things and Penelope happend to have a paper with her that she got signed.  I snapped a picture.
It is neat the the base sets up these types of things for us and I love how it was free.

No comments: