Thursday, June 7, 2018

Tsukushino course

Japan has the coolest parks!  They really don't seem to care about safety at all at their parks.  I'm surprised I haven't seen a child seriously injured at a park yet.  Because they aren't worried about getting sued by someone whose child got hurt they can make really fun and scary parks.

We found a new favorite park!  It is called Tskushino Course in Yokohama.  This place was so awesome!  I already want to go back.  For those looking to go I recommend just driving it.  The tolls weren't bad and we were able to park right in front for free.  Riding the trains there would have been more expensive for our family and more than twice as long.  Here is the google link https://www.google.com/maps/place/Field+Athletics+Yokohama+Tsukushino+course/@35.5207,139.4844393,17z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x1ed7eaa80ffdfc55!8m2!3d35.5207!4d139.486628?hl=en
This place had over 50 obstacles for everyone to run wild and enjoy. 

We probably spent the most time in the water area.

These were no joke.  I saw a few kids fall in the water.  I did not try this one Tucker is on.

This next was was seriously hard.  About half way through the girls wanted to quit but there was a line behind them so I unsympathetically told them they had to keep going or jump in.  They decided to finish.  It wasn't like I could go out there and help them.  I later went out and tried it and I instantly felt bad.  It was really tough.  Like tough mudder tough.  I also wanted to quit, but I couldn't the logs were wiggly and moved all around, plus when you went to step on a new log the one you were on would push back.   









This slide might just be the craziest thing I've seen in Japan yet.  It is literally straight down.  you have to push yourself off the edge onto nothing.  It looks like no bid deal, but the moment you are sitting at the top it feels really hard to push off over the edge into midair.  It goes against every instinct.  The slide "catches" you in about five feet. 
There is nothing like watching a two-year-old do something again and again with no fear that is really scary to every adult around.


No comments: