Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Glass Beach

We found a great beach only fifteen minutes away from our house and so we wanted to take my parents there once while they were with us.  We didn't wear swimsuits so we mostly hung out on the rock side and looked for shells and enjoyed the fresh air.  Last time we came we swam in the water and hung out in the sand.
One fun thing about this is the jellyfish.  There are tons of moon jellyfish, which don't sting, and the kids like to find them and even pick them up.  Last time Leon had a bucket full of them.
Calista absolutely loves the beach!  She just tries her hardest the entire time to go out into the water.  I need to watch her closely because even falling and getting her face in the water did not deter her.  The whole thing was pretty surprising to me the first time because she doesn't particularly like the bath, and the waves and ocean seem a whole lot more scary to me than the bathtub.  But I guess not to her inquisitive mind.
I'm really happy that we found this great beach so close to us.  The one we previously went to was fun as well, but took us about 45 minutes to get there because of traffic.




No comments: