Friday, December 14, 2018

Band Concert for Tucker

Tucker started band this year as a percussionist.  Last week was his first concert.  I've been on the other side of many band concerts, but this was my first time going as a parent.  It was a totally different experience.  I was happy to see him preform with a group.  We have heard lots and lots of practice at home.  For some reason he never wants to practice with the quieter practice drum he has.  It is always full out snare drum or the xylophone.  I was glad he got to play percussion not only because that was his first choice but also because he gets to keep his instrument at home and play a different one at school.  I wasn't sure how he could bike carrying a big or even medium sized instrument.
Tucker's school has two beginning bands, but they played together for the concert, which meant a few extra morning practices.  I know that Tucker likes band, but he did tell me that he gets bored during class.  He has hour and a half long classes with lots of kids learning their instruments so there is a lot of down time for him.  I think the fact that he had a concert peaked his interest some more.
Tucker is excited about the new music he is going to learn.  I guess there is a song that is mostly percussion that is supposed to be really cool.

No comments: