Monday, December 17, 2018

Holiday Fun

I love the Christmas season and taking the kids to various Christmas events.  Last Saturday we had three things going on.  First up was my favorite the ward Christmas party.
I love that the kids got to participate in a nativity play.
 Tucker narrated, he did great.  He didn't know the word Herod and whispered into the microphone, "whats that word," to the other narrators.  It was cute and funny to the audience.   Penelope, Scarlett, and Leon all got to be shepherds.  At first Penelope was upset that she didn't get to be an angel.  I convinced her that it was cool to be something different this year.
 In the past we have always had ward Christmas dinners but this was a pajama breakfast.  I decided to make macthing pajamas for us all.  I didn't even make Calista's and it took forever.  Why did I have so many kids again?
Bob had to work, but he managed to sneak out for an hour.  I'm glad he got to come, even if it was only for a little bit.

 The kids also made some cards and decorated pinecones.  It was a fun morning.
The next stop was the thrift store.  They were having a special event where children could go in without parents and pick out three different gifts to give.  They each got a helper and I filled out a sheet to help them have ideas.  They even wrapped them and everything inside.  They loved it!  And it was different for me to not be involved in knowing what every single present is.

After that we headed to the festival of trees.  Santa even came.
I never make a bid deal about Santa.  Our kids don't believe in him and Bob and I don't pretend he is real.  It is still fun to see him and participate and the tradition of taking a picture with him.
The festival is pretty much the gym filled with Christmas trees decorated by different groups.  We have fun checking them out and picking our favorites.  Last year we went at night and I think it was better.  Less crowded, and the trees looked prettier in the dark.


We had a super busy day.  After that I needed to go to the store and take Tucker to a birthday party.  It was so fun though!

No comments: