Monday, December 17, 2018

It's Cold Outside

Despite the fact that is has gotten really cold outside, like single digit celsius, I think it is important that we get outside.  The kids and I are noticeably happier after being outside then days when we stay indoors all day.  It is a struggle though because I never seem to have time to do everything we want to do.  So after we finish chores on Saturday, if we don't have anywhere we need to be I've been taking the kids on a bike ride to get a treat at the grocery store or bakery.  I've been sneakily taking them to farther and farther away places to get a treat.  And last week we stopped at the park to play and eat.

Penelope actually had a huge issue that day about her coat.  She has a coat that she loves, but it is a couple of years old and not that warm.  I was trying to get her to start wearing a warm but puffy coat and she refused thinking it was the most embarrassing thing ever.  Grudgingly she brought it, but she wasn't able to get any treats that day.  The great things was she didn't throw another fit when we got to the store, she knew and accepted the fact that she didn't earn it.  The best thing was she saw a friend at church later with a similar coat and now she is fine wearing the warm coat I want her to wear.



No comments: