Saturday, December 1, 2018

Calista and I Model Fun

Calista and I did a modeling job way back in March.  I really wanted everyone to do one job, so this worked out perfectly.  It was for a baby carrier company.  I couldn't think of a better product for us to model because I knew there was no way she would be happy with strangers taking her picture and me not holding her.  Here we are in the dressing room.

I really had no idea how things would go.  I didn't wear make up because I thought they would do it, but nope.  So I kind of regret not wearing make up, but oh well.  They didn't say anything, so maybe they wanted a more natural look.
It took so long for the pictures to come out I kind of forgot about it.  A friend at church randomly told me that she saw me on the toys are us website.  It was pretty exciting.  It was on the front of the Toys R Us main Japan website, but I only say it for a day or two and when I went to copy the link it was replaced with their Christmas screen.  I did take some screen shots of our actual pictures though.

Here is a shot of my computer screen.  You can try this link to check it out for yourself, but I'm not sure how well it will work in America.

We are also here on the eightex carrier website.
I have to say, Calista did not enjoy doing this.  She was tired, and needed a nap.  It was a long day but napping just didn't happen for her.  They also really didn't want her to suck her thumb, which was a problem because she was tired and really wanted to.

I wore a mix of my own clothes and the clothes they provided.  Before I came they asked me to bring certain things to wear.  We had several back and forth emails about what I would wear and I ended up bringing a whole small suitcase.  




This fanny pack one cracked me up.  I don't think I've worn once since I was ten.

Overall I felt pretty awkward the whole time.  It was just Calista and I with about five Japanese people at the shoot, and there was a definite language barrier.  It was really harder than I imagined it would be.  Then afterward they asked me to go to lunch with them.  Of course I said yes.  Then it was even more weird when they directed me into their van, I just held Calista during the car drive.  They are so relaxed here about car seats and it was stressing me out.  Then she cried almost the whole time at the restaurant.  I tried to nurse her to calm down, which I also felt a little weird about because I didn't really know them and everyone was already staring because she was screaming. The people were nice though and tried to talk to me even though I don't speak Japanese. 

I'm glad we did it.  Calista got a good chunk of money to save for college and I always like to try new things.  I doubt I will sign us up for anymore jobs though. 

1 comment:

Talitha said...

love the pics! nice job Sis