Saturday, February 23, 2019

Valentines Day

For Valentines day this year I told the kids we were going to keep it simple.  I fell like in the past we have gone a bit overboard with presents for the kids.  I really don't want to get them Valentines presents but because we did it before I think they were expecting it.  I warned them that we weren't going to give them presents and even though they were disappointed that really helped.  I also didn't want to skip the holiday completly.  I know it is a big deal in elementary schools and because we homeschool I feel like I need to make up for the school party.

So we ate heart shaped food all day.  For breakfast they had strawberry homemade greek yogurt with granola.  This was a treat because they often get plain homemade greek yogurt with granola.  The strawberry jam mixed in sweetened it up quite a bit.  I didn't get pictures of the other meals but for lunch we had toad-in-the-holes with heart shaped holes.  And for dinner we had mini homemade heart shaped pizza's.  We even fit in time to make heart sugar cookies.  They were a hit.
The kids made cards for each other.  They did it all on their own and it was super cute.  We all sat down while they passed them out.
 Penelope and Scarlett even made a bead thing for Beatrix.
I also painted the kids faces.  We have face paint and I really should look for opportunities to use it more.  We all think it is fun.  Tucker decided not to get any this day because he had to go to band at school and he thought it might be a little weird.
 Bob and I did get one small Valentine for the kids.
This was the highlight of their day, I think.  To have their very own candy that they get to eat or save and not share is a big deal for them.
I wanted to do some sort of craft so they drew valentine pictures.  I didn't get final images but I'll let you imagine the heart robots they drew.  Thank you Art Hub for Kids!




I asked Bob not to do anything for me for Valentine's day this year.  He did get me some chocolates before the baby was born because he wanted to do something.  I'm trying to eat healthier now and so I appreciated him not getting me more treats.  It was really nice to just spend the day with him and the kids at home.  I love him not going to work.  It is sooo nice to have him home to take care of the kids so I can rest with Beatrix.  Tomorrow will Bob will go back to work full time and so wish me luck.


No comments: