Friday, May 24, 2019

Mud Run

Penelope and I signed up for a 5k mud run!  Tucker was dying to go as well, but he had baseball.  I even found a friend to watch the other kids, so Penelope got some one on one time together.  We dressed in matching attire for the occasion.
I usually jog three miles a couple times a week for exercise, so it was no problem to bring Penelope along with me one time for a practice run.  I had planned to walk on and off with her because I thought she would need it.  I was wrong.  This girl kept up with me without a problem.  She ran three miles straight with no practicing or building up to it.  She even talked my ear off the whole time.  She is a rockstar runner!
The race was pretty fun.  We did a bit of walking through the woods because it was single file and there was no going around the long line of people.  Then the obstacles were a little sparse.  Then we got to the main event, the mud pit.
I did not realize we would practically be swimming in mud!  There was even a bar and net to insure that everyone got down in the mud.  Penelope was not a fan of this part and stopped at the first bar.  I went on through and spent a few minutes coaxing her on.  She really did not want to get in the mud.
 My face even touched crawling under the bar.  Penelope is pretty little and managed to squat really low and tip her head just right at that part.  But once it was done she told me it was not fun and she does not want to do it again.


 We tried to clean off a little before we left, but it was pretty pointless.  The water was spraying so hard and it was so cold we kind of gave up.  I was also in a hurry to get back to Beatrix to feed her.



Getting back to the sitter's house was the worst.  Google kept directing me on these little back roads that they car literally would not fit on.  I spent over an hour in the car for what should have been 20 minutes.  Then once I got her I could barely hold her because I was so completely covered in mud.  It was a small miracle though because she was happy.  So I buckled her in the car and drove home.  Then she was sleeping when we got home so I was even able to take a shower before feeding her.  She went five hours in between eating!  The mud was so hard to get off.  Penelope took two showers and still looked a little dirty around her hears and toes.

Anyway, I had fun and would do it again.  I'm not sure about Penelope though.

No comments: