Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Anchorage Temple and Moose Tooth

I was happy to spend my 32nd birthday on vacation with the family in Alaska.  For a minute it looked like I was going to have the shortest birthday ever because we almost had a very early flight that morning that would have landed in Japan the next day.  But that flight got pushed to the next day which was great because that meant we had some more time to party in Alaska.

We just went drove to the store and bought a delicious chocolate cake and candles.  I love that we had what felt like our own little apartment instead of a hotel room.
We ate at Moose Tooth pizza.  It was really good, but super crowded.  I think it was worth it though, I loved my pizza.
 The kids even got a macaroni and cheese pizza.

The temple had very limited hours and weren't open the first two days we were in Alaska.  The temple was one of the main things we wanted to do so I was really happy we got to stay another day and go.
We don't have an operational temple within driving distance to us in Japan so this was important.  Tucker was especially excited to go for the first time!  It was pretty special for both Bob and Tucker.
I just hung out in the parking lot with everyone else while they did baptisms, then when they finished I went in and had a turn.  It will be nice when the Tokyo temple opens again.

No comments: