Monday, September 9, 2019

SeaPlanes and Reeindeer dogs

We had a pretty strong typhoon last night and there was damage on base, so Bob got to stay home from work today meaning I have more time to post on the blog about our Alaska trip.  We were up all night from the loud winds and house moving, but we didn't suffer any damage.

So we spent some time checking out Downtown Anchorage.  The kids asked if we could do a geocache.  I didn't have any planned and we didn't have internet so I wasn't sure if it was going to be possible.  Then I remembered where one was that I found years ago.  We went to see if it was still around.  Not only was it still there, but we were able to find exactly where I signed it in 2015!  It was pretty cool.

Next we ate reindeer hot dogs for lunch.  Not my favorite but kind of felt like something we should eat while in Alaska.

 Tucker got to pet a real sled dog.
 We walked around downtown and checked out souvenir shops.
 Next we headed over to watch seaplanes land and take off.  This lake is famous for the most seaplane landings in the world.  They were really landing every couple minutes.

Ok, so this part was actually the next morning, but I want to put it on the same post anyway.  We got up early and went on a bear hunt
 We were unsuccessful in our search, but did enjoy a nice nature walk.
Next we went to an airplane museum.  It wasn't my favorite, but Bob was into it so we wanted to support him.





Flying is huge in Alaska.  I learned that most of Alaska is not accessible by cars, and that people in Alaska have more pilot licenses then any other state per capita.  Bob wants to get his, but I would rather he didn't.

1 comment:

Jacquelyn said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.