Saturday, November 23, 2019

The Abels and Heiwa-No-Mori Park

With five people staying with us we were short five seats in our car.  So we got to ride the train a lot while the Abels were over.  I don't mind though.  It can be fun to do something different than the norm.  We are pretty fortunate to live near a train stop so we can get around ok without a car.
 Plus, it just feel so much more Japanese to travel around by train.
The kids managed to go to the skate park three times during the couple days they were her to visit.  James even managed to pack both a scooter and skate board so we had to make sure he got good use out of them while here.
 We made a pit stop at the cutest little pond near the skate park.

We made one more trip up to Tokyo and went to Heiwa-No-Mori Park.  I love these Japanese adventure parks. 
 We had a lot of fun.  Even Calista is now a pro at the zipline.
I'm sure the kids would have raced through the whole thing in about 20 minutes, but I made them wait for me so I could take lots of pictures and videos and to just see them doing it.  I think they were a little frustrated with me, but I like doing it all together.







On the way home we stopped for ramen.  I finally ordered the right amount.  One large one to share for me and two children seemed perfect.  And Tucker eats a while one by himself.
I'm so glad the Abels made the long trip all the way to Japan to visit us!  They were really fun to have over and it is so good and important for the kids to spend time with cousins!

No comments: