Friday, December 20, 2019

Update

It has been a while since I've posted on here.  We have been busy this Christmas season.  We have been working on the doing as many of the Light the World items that we can and this one turned out so funny I had to take a picture.  We did modify some of the things so the kids could do them and this challenge I told the kids to write a letter to someone who they think is like Jesus and tell them why.  Leon thought he understood but he didn't quite get it.  At first I thought it was really sweet because he asked me how to spell Penelope and then later how to spell Jesus.  So I assumed he was writing a nice note to his sister.  Then later I saw him give her the note and Penelope was not very receptive.  Check it out.
I'll translate for those not used to first grader writing.  "Penelope I think you should be more like Mom because I think Mom is more like Jesus."  I was cracking up when Penelope showed me the note.

The kids were running around the house playing some sort of tag game and Tucker accidentally broke our pantry door.  It is our first broken door as parents an it came at a bad time.  Of course it has to be an outised door and during the winter.  We have been 3 weeks now with cardboard covering it while we wait for the person to come fix it.  The glass is on order.
Our family does not fit in one row at church anymore.  We have six chairs to a row and now that Calista wants her own seat we need seven.  Tucker is usually passing the sacrament and when he is done he doesn't have a seat and has to sit in front of us.  Sometimes Calista joins him.
I did not realize how small our senior primary was until going through these pictures.  I think we normally have more.

 We spent a ridiculous amount of time decorating Christmas cookies.





The kids have been making these bracelets and attempting to sell them at the park.  They also make headbands and necklaces that are the same.  They charge 1$ or 100Yen.
Sometimes I get a nice view of Mt Fuji on my morning jogs.  It looks pretty distant in the picture though.  Can you spot it?


No comments: