Friday, December 20, 2019

Beatrix 10 Months

Beatrix is ten months old!  
I finally got a chance to take her to the doctor.  We were a bit behind because it was hard to get into the hospital on base.  They kept saying she wasn't registered and we kept having to go in with different documents.  The whole thing was weird because she has been to the very same hospital before, not to mention that she was born there.
Anyway, she is measuring small.  I knew she was small which was one reason I wanted to get her in for an appointment, it is also whey I am still feeding her during the night.  But I didn't know exactly how small she really is.  She is measuring under the 1% for both weight and height. 

We are going to work hard this month on helping her gain weight.  I was already feeding her more often then I did my other kids, but I guess it wasn't enough.  She is a really happy baby though so it was a little hard to tell.  She doesn't really cry because she is hungry.  I am now going to nurse her every hour and a half and hopefully that will help her start to put on some pounds. 

We have started giving her baby food, not that it has anything to do with her weight gain.  The doctor confirmed what I thought about how giving her baby food is just for practice and not really for nutritional value. 
Other than that she is meeting all her milestones.  She can crawl like a pro and pulls herself up to a stand.  She likes to wave and clap and smile at everyone.  She doesn't say any real words yet, but I'm sure she will sometime soon.
We sure do love her!

No comments: