Sunday, January 26, 2020

Hiking Takatori

We haven't been out hiking nearly as much as I'd like, but when we do we take pictures.
 Mt. Takatori is one of my favorite local hikes.



 I love hikes that have something at the end, and a giant Buddha is very Japanese.

 Plus the view at this hike is killer.

We weren't paying much attention on the way back.  I usually like to hike at the back and encourage the kids to go up ahead, just not too far.  Anyway after a little bit I started to think I wasn't recognizing things, but I kept blowing it off.  Then we walked over a log that I knew we didn't go over before.  So we went back and turned a different way.  We have done the hike a few times before and it was strange because I didn't even remember there being different pathway options.  So we turned down the other path but after about five minutes I was positive we didn't come that way...  The kids were pretty grumpy about this but we turned back again and decided to risk it the first way with the log.  Bob thought we were headed in the right direction so we gave it a go to see where we would end up.  It was more challenging than the way we came.  But the path did lead to the start after all.  It was a mildly upsetting mini adventure on our hike.  I wonder where we got off the main trail?

No comments: