Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Leon's Birthday Party

For Leon's 7th birthday we decided to have a paint party.  I'm trying to make my life a little easier and do the same type of party for everyone this year.  
It was pretty simple.  I just bought canvases and supplies for everyone and we looked at directions online on how to paint a picture.  
 Leon choose a bunny picture, which was ok because Easter is coming up.
I was a little worried I was going to have seven year olds splashing paint all over the house but it worked out ok.  The kids all took it pretty seriously and did a great job.  We took a few painting breaks for things to dry and the kids ran around hitting the balloons everywhere.  It seemed to be the perfect mix of sitting still and running around.


We also asked for no presents and it was amazing.  This was our first time doing it and it was so nice.  I feel like presents usually take over the party.  And I have to deal with my children thinking about and talking about what people are going to get them for weeks before their party.  So we just talked with Leon about how we weren't going to do presents and that the point is just to have a fun time with friends.  He was a little disappointed, but when the party came he didn't even mention it.

There was a little concern that people wouldn't come because of the social distancing and the coronavirus.  But one one person didn't come because of that and it wasn't a problem at all.

Leon once again asked for a monster cake.  It had a cookie dough frosting between layers and cookies and cream outside frosting with a chocolate ganache.  Delicious.
We did do family presents for him later though.  I don't have a picture but Leon got a new scooter that he is pretty excited about.
 Now I just need to give him a haircut and take some nice pictures of him.

No comments: