Tuesday, June 30, 2020

New Mall and New Jeans

Aeon Mall had closed down for about a year and did a huge remodel.   It opened up a couple months ago but we weren't allowed to go until just recently.  There were reports that the mall workers knew that the people affiliated with the US base were not supposed to be there and they would report us.  I kind of doubt that was true.

The mall looks great!  I love that it has an H&M, GU, and a Gap Outlet.
Even through I'm trying to be a minimalist and not shop for the sake of acquiring things I thought it would be fun to go together as a family and check it out.
We walked around for about 15 minutes when we came to H&M.  I knew before I went that I might want to get a pair of jeans so I wanted to spend some time in the store looking at and trying on clothes.  After about 10 minutes of Bob and the kids following me around things were getting difficult and he took the kids to wander around the rest of the mall.  It was for the best as I was there over an hour.
They found a pet shop that provided a lot of entertainment.

The mall has signs reminding people how far apart 2 meters actually is.  For social distancing purposes.  So in case you don't know the exact distance just picture a panda, because we are all very familiar with how big a panda is up close.
By the time I was done at H&M everyone else was done with the mall.  We headed to the food court.  I'll have to check the rest of the mall out another day.  I found a nice little seating area more suited for children on the back side.  It would have been easy to miss.  I was looking for a high chair for Beatrix but when I saw these tables I thought they would be easier.  You can't fall off the chair when you are sitting on the ground.



This ramen place had a really long line.  I took a picture for future reference.  I want to know more about it and probably try it out somtime.
Below are a couple pictures of the jeans I bought. I almost bought two, but it is summertime and that felt unneeded.  A few months ago I threw away all my jeans.  They were all wearable, but I wasn't really loving any of them.  So I decided to get rid of them and only own clothes I really like.  My old jeans were also all low waisted, and I love how the style now is higher.  It is so much more comfortable and easier to bend over.  I do own one pair of jean capris, but I'm planning to get rid of them at the end of the summer, they also have the low waist and I prefer something higher.
High waist jeans always remind me of mom jeans, I think that was ingrained in my brain since childhood.  I guess it is time for me to wear them, after all I do have six kids.
I also got my white t-shirt form H&M, in case anyone was interested.  

It was fun to go shopping and look for clothes.  It isn't really something we do since we moved to Japan.  I like the mall and once we are allowed I want to go try out the new movie theater they have.

1 comment:

Jacquelyn said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.