Thursday, July 2, 2020

Tucker 13th Birthday Photography

I cannot believe I have a child that is a teenager!  Its been a couple weeks now and I'm not sure what all the parenting hype is all about, it is not bad at all.  Tucker is in fact actually pretty good.  Ok, I'm kidding I imagine it will get harder.  But for now he is really a great kid.
Tucker is responsible and getting more mature, I can tell he is starting to take things more seriously.  It is intersting to watch bounce back and forth between acting like a child and then acting like a much older teen and back again all throughout the day.
He is growing so tall.  I still need to measure him on our wall, but he is about up to my eyebrows and I don't think I'll make it another complete year being taller than him.  He totally broke a part of the playground fixture the other day on accident when he was just trying to climb up onto it.  We had a talk about how yes, the toys are old, but also about how now he is almost the size of an adult and he needs to be aware of that in his actions.  I'm sure it is a lesson that takes time to learn.
Tucker is brave and kind and friendly.  He doesn't mind being the center of attention, in fact in our home it kind of seems like a battle between him and Calista as to who can get me to pay attention to them the most.  Tucker is still young and likes to play pretend.  He likes the show Avatar, to make movies, and to make up games outside to play with friends.
Tucker is a great oldest child and I really think Heavenly Father knew what he was doing when he sent him to our family.