Saturday, July 4, 2020

Update

Bob had one last week off because of Covid-19 and we tried to make the best of it.  This whole time it has been strange because on the one hand Bob was home a lot and it felt like we should be able to go and do a ton of things.  But on the hand we weren't allowed and everything was closed.  Things have been opening back up a bit and we were able to go to the park.

Penelope checked out what might be my least favorite book the kids have ever gotten.  It is some sort of Pinkalicious cook book that has all these crazy creations the kids want me to help them make.  This time Penelope made castles.

We are now allowed to eat in restaurants.  I owed Scarlett and Tucker a birthday lunch out to eat.  Luckily they wanted the same place so we all went together.
It was an all you can eat place where you fry everything in oil right at your table.

I miss s'mores and had to pretend by eating deep fried marshmallows.  I ate way too many and we all left feeling sick.
 We had a girls night and tried out these face masks that I've had in my bathroom forever.
I couldn't find any sidewalk chalk at the stores but we made due with regular chalkboard chalk I got at the dollar store.  Base recently came out and said that we need to wash off the chalk after we draw.  That includes the street and sidewalk in front of our house.  It also includes your own driveway and house. 

That isn't going to happen at our house.  I'm not washing off the kids sidewalk chalk unless they call the police or personally come knock on my door.  That being said I have watched my Japanese neighbors wash off their grandkids chalk drawings.  So far we haven't received any complaints in this area.  And I know from experience they are not afraid to complain about and to us.

Bob and I went out one night to this delicious Italian pizza place.  Bob did get some grouse appetizer with tiny fish things all over it.  I wasn't a fan, but Bob had no problem eating the whole thing.
We've been having a lot of rain and clouds lately, so I'm happy that we were able to get outside some this week.

No comments: