Monday, November 2, 2020

Halloween Costumes

For Halloween this year Calista dressed up as the orphan Annie.  
She was adorable.  The costume was completely my idea and I had to do some convincing, but she was pretty happy about it when the big day arrived.
It was the most complicated thing I've sewed so far.  And while, I probably could have bought a costume one for cheaper, this dress will double as a church dress for her after Halloween.

I quickly threw together a Miss Hannigan costume from things I had in my closet.  Everyone recognized Calista right off the bat, I'm not sure if many people knew who I was.  
Beatrix dressed up as a wind up doll.  I worked on her wind up for about fifteen minutes the day of and then we threw on a dress she already had.  I think it turned out pretty well.  When we started to get cold, I just put the wind up on her outside of her jacket.
Beatrix was really cute trick-or-treating.  She can't quite say the magic words, but she knew how to follow everyone around and get candy.

The rest of the kids went with a theme as characters from Avatar the Last Airbender.
Scarlett was Toph the earthbender.


Penelope was Katara the water bender.

Tucker was Zuko the firebender.

And lastly Aang the avatar.

They mostly put together the costumes from things we had around the house.  We did buy a bald cap for Leon but it did not arrive in the mail on time.  The kids were a little surprised that everyone did not easily recognize them.  That did make it all the sweeter when someone did know who they were.

We went trick-or-treating both on base and in our neighborhood.  The kids got a ton of candy and were really happy about that.  Afterwards we went to a neighbors who set up a little haunted house in the backyard.  It was so fun.

Happy Halloween!


No comments: