Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Books Geocaching and Uniqlo

I broke down and spent a good amount of money on books.  Our library here is limited, but I've also started to buy into the idea that much of the popular books today are not that great anyway.  "The Good and the Beautiful," is a homeschool company who is devoted to bringing back good literature to kids.  I purchased quite a few books that all teach good morals and values to kids.  I'm excited for them to read them, even though the kids are not that thrilled about it.  It was a little hard for me because I like getting books for free at the library, but these just weren't available to us and so I thought it was a good investment.
The kids and I went on a bike ride to our local thrift store.  And while we didn't get anything there we did stop and find a geocache the kids have been asking about.  We haven't found any here in Japan and geocaching is something we really enjoyed doing.  So we made a pit stop and found what we were looking for.

We also stopped by Uniqlo to see if they changed out any of the pictures and put up new ones, and they did.  
These jumping shots with the puffy coats on were a big pain for Leon's group.  When Calista did it they were jumping off something so it worked out.  It took the three year olds a minute to figure out to all jump off at the same time but they had a blast doing it.  



When Leon did it they were up on a roof jumping up and down on the black thing that was really meant to catch their fall.  It was squishy but not bouncy.  The kids worked hard jumping for over an hour to get the shot.  They even had to take breaks indoors because it was a million degrees outside and there was a real risk someone was going to pass out.  I like the picture they chose because Leon has his tongue sticking out.  Maybe not the best idea when jumping, but he and Bob both do that occasionally when they are concentrating.




Scarlett really wants me to buy this sweater that she is wearing, but it is about $20.  I'm used to thrift store prices so I told her maybe if it goes on sale.  I could always just buy it for her and subtract it from the money she made on the modeling job, but I feel a little bad doing that.
I also saw some pictures on Uniqlo's instagram that I hadn't seen before.  This one of Beatrix was so funny.  She was not at all interested in what was going on and just laid down ignoring everyone.  The little boy was not a very stable sitter so he kept falling on her.

For once she wasn't sucking her fingers.  During her pictures I usually squat out of the shot as close to her as I can and then pull her hand away from her face while moving out of the way as quickly as possible so they can get the shot.  Then repeat that over about 100 times until the photographer says we got the shot.








Tucker had to attempt double dutch for the first time in these pictures.  He was kind of getting the hang of it.  It is funny that they pretty much cut out what he was doing all together in the picture.






I bought some random $1 clearance costumes for the kids to play around with.







No comments: