Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Hiking Mt. Kokuzo

For Veteren's day we decided to hike Mt. Kokuzo.  A few of us had done this hike before but we went on the easier trail and so this time we decided to try the more challenging route.
I'd say it was a good level for our family.  Just challenging enough for the kids to stop complaining about having to go on a hike and start focusing on not falling off the cliff edge.  I'm serious.  Every time we go on a hike, the kids stop complaining once things start to get hard.  I think once they start to actually focus on what we are doing the complaining stops.
I love being outside in nature.  We are in a pocket of great weather.  It is going to be pretty cold soon, but for now things are perfect outside for hiking.
Like usual, we lost the path at one point and had to scramble around on the side of the mountain until we found it.





These pictures made me realize I need a new camera phone.  There is a huge difference between the pictures Bob's phone takes on his phone and the pictures my iphone 7 takes.  See if you can spot the difference in the post.


This hike has a great view at the top.








The worst thing about this hike is the drive up to the trailhead.  Near the hike the road becomes steep, small, and windy.  It wasn't a problem for me this time because I knew what was coming. I also didn't mind because no cars came down while we were trying to go up.  The first time I did it there was a slow car in front of me so I had to match their pace.  Then there were a few cars trying to go down so some people had to back up and off the road.  It was a little scary.  

No comments: